Full form of FIPB
1. Foreign Investment Promotion Board
The Foreign Investment Promotion Board (FIPB) was a national agency of Government of India, with the remit to consider and recommend foreign direct investment (FDI) which does not come under the automatic route. It acted as a single window clearance for proposals on foreign direct investment (FDI) in India. The Foreign Investment Promotion Board (FIPB) was housed in the Department of Economic Affairs, Ministry of Finance. FIPB was abolished on 24 May 2017, as announced by Finance Minister Arun Jaitley during 2017-2018 budget speech in Lok Sabha.
- Secretary, Department of Economic Affairs - Chairman
- Secretary, Department of Industrial Policy & Promotion - Member
- Secretary, Department of Commerce - Member
- Secretary, (Economic Relation), Ministry of External Affairs - Member